My name is Giovanni Dienstmann. I’m an international author, meditation coach and speaker.
I’m the creator of Live and Dare—the fifth most popular meditation blog on the planet—and author of the best-selling book Practical Meditation, which is available in six different languages and has popularly been called “The Meditation Bible”.
My work focuses on taking you from anxious and stressed to calm and centered, through the power of meditation and conscious living.
To take on this journey, become a member of the Limitless Life program. This will give you access to all my online courses (on Meditation, Letting Go, Sleep, Overcoming Fear and Personal Growth), video lessons, private forum, and more.
I have been actively seeking personal growth and a deeper meaning in life since I was a teenager (I’m now in my mid 30’s). In this process, I have practiced meditation daily (for the past 18+ years, totaling over 9,000 hours at this point), read 200+ books on the topic, tried several different practices, spent time on retreats with masters and instructors around the world, and nearly became a monk a couple of times. I have learned from many sources, and also been formally initiated into four different contemplative traditions.
Throughout my life, I have invested a lot of energy, study and experimentation on optimizing my mental and emotional states—and overcoming all limitations, especially those imposed by fear, anxiety, attachment and self-doubt, has been an area of focus for me.
All this practice, learning and training has radically transformed my mind and view of the world. As a result, I now live a fearless, peaceful, and fulfilling life.
I’m not a guru or a spiritual master—but a practitioner on the way, sharing the powerful tools and insights that have helped me thus far. I’m excited to share what I’ve learned (and still learn), to empower people to grow, live well, be happy and free.
Academically-wise, I have a bachelor degree in Law and Sociology, a post-grad in IT, and may soon begin a Phd in philosophy and social sciences. Finally, I’m a registered meditation teacher under the Meditation Association of Australia, categories of “Personal Development Meditation” and “Spiritual Meditation”.
I’m passionate about helping people develop greater self-awareness and mastery over their mind and life. This is the motivation behind this blog. My work is to translate and “update” the tools and teachings of world-wide wisdom traditions so that they are easily digestible for the 21st-century person. Meditation is one of these tools—but there is much more.
Fun facts about me:
- I only check Facebook on Fridays
- Apart from meditation, I’ve had a series of obsessions in my life: Kung Fu, magic tricks, chess, Japanese language
- Every day in my life starts exactly the same: waking up 5:30am, half a cup of water, some yoga, a cold shower, and 3 hours of meditation
- It takes more time to select the images for my posts than to write them (yes, it’s true!)
Finally, I have worked as a consultant/advisor to award-winning meditation apps, including creating custom content and meditation scripts. And I’ve spoken about meditation and mindfulness at schools, hospitals, non-for-profits, and spiritual centers.
Philosophy: Master your mind, master your life!
Mission: To empower a million people to be calm, centered and focused.
LiveAndDare.com is a site for conscious individuals who feel they want to get more out of life. Whether this takes the form of an interest to explore your own mind, have more well-being, grow as a person, or advance in your spiritual journey, this site is here to support you.
It has a non-sectarian approach to meditation and spirituality, and a non-BS approach to personal growth. Basically, I write about three things:
- Meditation. My approach is eclectic, pragmatic, and open. Whether you are interested in meditation simply to improve your mental and emotional wellbeing, or for personal development, or for spiritual transcendence, I feel that my work will speak to you.
- Personal growth. A non-BS, down to earth approach to personal development. It is not really about empty hype or dumb self-help, but practical psychological tools to overcome limiting narratives, hack your mind, and be your best self. I share insights on how to deal with challenging emotions, develop inner qualities, and build a foundation for a more fulfilling life. What I write is inspired both by learnings from wisdom traditions and modern psychology, as well as personal experiments and observation.
- Spirituality. My approach to spirituality is non-sectarian and pragmatic. I’m not trying to make you believe anything nor convert you to a specific religion. I’ve been exposed to several teachings and practices, and my articles on this topic represent my effort to put it all together in a way that people from different backgrounds and levels of interest can relate to. Sometimes these posts are more “basic” and introductory, at others are more hardcore, for people focused on enlightenment. To make the ancient wisdom accessible and simple, without dumbing it down, is my goal. As a matter of principle, I keep all content I produce around this topic freely available.
LiveAndDare is a place to learn and share all this amazing wisdom that enables us to live to our greatest potential—from the life lessons of ancient traditions to the modern science of positive psychology, neuroscience, and other systems. Some of these articles have so far been translated into French, Russian, Korean, Chinese, Romanian, Italian, Croatian and Portuguese.
I must disclose that I also may earn an affiliate commission on some third party products/services recommended in my blog—and for that I give you my heartfelt thank you. I only promote things that I believe in and am convinced will be beneficial to my audience. Learn more about it here.
Follow me on social media and subscribe to this blog to receive exclusive content and resources. Or you can contact me here.