This is an episode packed with practical tips and spiritual wisdom. I interview Nithya Shanti, who is an internationally respected spiritual teacher, seminar leader,writer and educator, and who was ordained as a Buddhist Monk in the Theravada tradition in 2002.
After six years of living in forest meditation monasteries in Thailand, Sri Lanka and also various parts of India and the US, he was guided to live, learn and serve in broader ways than the traditional role of a monk permitted. With the blessings of his teachers he stepped out of the robes in early 2008 and now shares joyful teachings in happiness joyshops, youth programs, corporate trainings and meditation retreats around the world.
In this episode you will learn:
- What are the core message of Buddhism
- How intimate relationships can help your spiritual growth
- Which spiritual principles help you have better relationships
- The power of walking meditation and movement meditation
- The importance of being honest about our experience
People and systems mentioned in the talk:
- Pema Chodron
- The Work of Byron Katie
- Thai Forest Tradition of Theravada Buddhism
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT)
Simply notice that you’re aware. At any given moment, you can choose to follow the chain of thoughts, emotions, and sensations that reinforce a perception of yourself as vulnerable and limited, or to remember that your true nature is pure, unconditioned, and incapable of being harmed. — Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche
Note: if the player below doesn’t work, use this link.