This podcast is about exploring the journeys into meditation and personal growth from teachers and practitioners of different walks of life.
In this episode I interview Constantine Georgiou, who is an entrepreneur, angel investor and meditation practitioner. Hear about his journey in life and how he was positively transformed by The Work of Byron Katie. I’m not connected with her in any way, but I’ve heard a few people speak of good things that happened when they attended The Work.
Here we analyse together what is behind this framework, and why it works, from a meditation point of view. We take a few minutes to warm up, and then start covering tools on how to process psychological material and trapped emotions, and how this relates to your meditation practice.
In this episode you will learn:
- Four questions you can ask yourself to review your assumptions and process your psychological material
- How internal transformation often manifests in the body as well
- How resisting the present moment is suffering
- How needing other people’s love and attention is a reason for so much trouble
People, systems and organizations mentioned in the talk:
- The Work of Byron Katie
- Vanessa Auditore, who was Con’s Life Coach for over a decade, and instrumental in his growth
- One Million Acts of Innovation
- Velteo (the company Con built and exited)
- Flow Engine (company of his friend, Frank Culli)
- Shamanic retreat his friend had gone to
Meditation is offering your genuine presence to yourself in every moment. – Thich Nhat Hanh