Willpower is your ability to control your attention, emotions, and actions, despite the presence of competing stimuli, and resolve conflicts between your short-term desires and your long-term goals.
It includes your capacity to delay gratification, override unwanted thoughts and feelings, and shift your internal state.
In this podcast episode I have the pleasure to interview Roy Baumeister, PhD, one of the world’s most prolific and influential psychologists and author of the book “Willpower: Rediscovering The Greatest Human Strength”, a New York Times bestseller.
Questions and topics Covered:
- What is willpower?
- The relationship between willpower and self control
- How self control can predict success
- Why are we not paying more attention to willpower
- Is willpower a limited supply?
- Is willpower always necessary?
- Is there a correlation between self esteem and willpower?
- The influence of today’s technology on willpower
- What is The Ego Depletion model
- The relationship between willpower and the body’s glucose levels
- Can willpower be trained?
- Willpower and Decision Fatigue
- What’s next on Roy’s career
- Roy Baumeister’s official Website
- Willpower: Rediscovering The Greatest Human Strength (Book on Amazon)
- Mindful Self-Discipline
May you find this episode enjoyable and insightful! 🙏🏻