A meditation retreat is more than just “time out”. It is an opportunity to discover yourself, reinvent yourself, and learn powerful tools and teachings that will make a positive impact in your life.
It is a time to learn tools that allow you to be truly calm, centered and focused.
It is not about learning. It is about self-transformation.
Going on a retreat is a powerful commitment to yourself and your life.
Are Meditation Retreats For You?
You would consider going on a meditation retreat if you want to:
- Improve and deepen your meditation practice
- Work through difficult emotions and experiences
- Learn to master the mind and overcome anxiety
- Have a powerful shift in your perspective and mindset
- Be in a community of like-minded individuals
- Enjoy a break from technology, media, and the busy-ness of life
- Re-energize, find inspiration, clarity, and meaning
- Step outside your conventional roles, and have some “me time”
- Find a spiritual connection
- Realize once again what is truly important for you
- Experience peace, stillness, and be ready for a new beginning
The purpose of a meditation retreat is very different from just going on a vacation or going to a spa (although there are elements in common). In a meditation retreat you won’t need to plan or think about anything, but at the same time you will be mentally, physically and emotionally stretched out of your comfort zone, so that you can really grow.
In a meditation retreat, everything is set up in order to support you on your journey of growth, healing, and self-discovery.
Participating in a meditation retreat is also one of the best ways to take your meditation practice to the next level. You may find that you “advance” more in your practice in five days on a retreat, than in months of short daily sessions at home.
The LiveAndDare Retreats
Throughout my journey, I have participated in many retreats, of different styles and lengths—one-day retreats, seven-day retreats, two-week retreats, Buddhist retreats, Yoga retreats, nonduality retreats, silent retreats, talking retreats, group retreats, individual retreats. I have also lead retreats, and will soon start doing that again.
I will run two types of retreats:
- Calm, Centered and Focused Retreat — overcome anxiety and mental noise
- Spiritual Self-Discovery Retreat—discover your ideal path and develop a strong spiritual practice
In all of them, Meditation is a foundational practice that is explored—but we go beyond just meditation, to integrate mindset work and conscious living practices.
If you are interested in going on a retreat with me, join the waiting list below.
Note: This is a separate list from the main LiveAndDare mailing list, and it is only for retreat purposes.
So if you also want to receive my Practical Wisdom Newsletter and new articles, make sure to subscribe to the main list as well (the form is on the sidebar if you are on a computer, or down at the bottom if you are on a mobile device).