There is an increasing hunger on good information about meditation. But what type of meditation blogs are out there?
Before meditation exploded in popularity, there were very few sites talking about the subject. Even now, most of the sites talking about meditation are either:
- (a) Promoting a single tradition or technique (like WildMind for Buddhist meditations, Mindful.org for mindfulness, SwamiJ for Yoga meditation, Brahma Kumaris for Raja Yoga, etc.);
- (b) Not specialized in meditation in particular, but superficially covering it, together with a ton of other topics (sites like Huffington Post, WakeUp World, LifeHacker, etc.).
When I was thinking of creating LiveAndDare, I saw that there was a need for a site that
- focuses on meditation, but also talks about two sister topics: personal growth and spirituality
- presents meditation in a non-sectarian way, drawing from multiple traditions and not favoring any particular technique
- connects east and west, tradition and science
- exposes complex or obscure concepts in a pragmatic and systematic way.
That is why I created this blog. Fast forwarding to today, LiveAndDare is among the top 3 most popular non-sectarian blogs on meditation (based on traffic stats from Alexa.com).
Top Non-Sectarian Meditation Blogs
The list below was created by searching “meditation blog” on Google, and going through the top 100 results. Then I removed the sites that were not actually blogs, or that were promoting a particular technique or tradition. This is the list of the top 20 non-sectarian meditation blogs, in order of traffic.
|Website||Alexa rank||Moz DA|
|OMG I Can Meditate||756,992||23|
|The Daily Meditation||905,367||22|
|One Moment Meditation||2,231,383||31|
|Meditate Yoga And Meditation Center||2,538,433||16|
|Serenity Meditation And Yoga||9,835,370||7|
|Stuck In Meditation||12,229,713||16|
Shares of most popular article
- LiveAndDare –> 11k shares (article)
- Headspace Blog —> 3k shares (article)
- Muse Blog —> 930 shares (article)
Links from other sites (according to Moz’s Open Site Explorer)
- LiveAndDare —> 3,318
- Muse Blog —> 251
- Headspace Blog —> 130
Also, the reader Allen Wei (blogger of LearnRelaxationTechniques.com) researched hundreds of meditation blogs included LiveAndDare as the second most influential blog on meditation on the web![Note: Muse and Headspace are tech products, so that’s what their site is about. The backlinks count above is for their meditation blog, not the root domain.]
Other Noteworthy Blogs
- www.themeditationblog.com (ACEM)
- www.wildmind.org (Buddhist)
- www.sharonsalzberg.com (Buddhist)
- shambhala.org (Buddhist)
- www.jackkornfield.com (Buddhist)
- www.tricycle.com/blog/ (Buddhist)
- guidedchristianmeditation.com (Christian)
- www.speakingtree.in (Hindu)
- www.mindful.org (Mindfulness)
- brahmakumaris.org.au (Raja Yoga)
- www.freemeditation.com (Sahaja Yoga)
- yogatime.tv/blog (Yoga Meditation)
Please share in the comments the URL of any good blogs you like on meditation.
Where to start in this blog
We have a lot of in-depth content here on Live and Dare. The best place to start is by checking out our resource page, which presents the site content in a very structured way.