It took me many years, the study of hundreds of books, and the practice of thousands of hours of meditation to finally collect all the pieces of the meditation puzzle. And here it is: the Practical Meditation book!
This is the book that I wish existed when I started my journey, as it would have saved me so much time and energy.
Each chapter is fully illustrated, easy to digest, clear and practical. No fluff, no difficult concepts, no new age woo-woo.
You can open this book on any page, and be sure you will learn something practical about meditation. Think of it as meditation in a box—or, as one of the readers called it, “The Meditation Bible”.
The vast majority of meditations in this book is secular by nature, but rooted in the ancient contemplative traditions.
Whether you are new to meditation or have been meditating for years, I guarantee that you will learn something valuable from this book.
In Practical Meditation you will learn
- What is meditation, and the common misconceptions
- Quick meditations to practice anytime, anywhere
- How to avoid pitfalls in the practice, and troubleshoot difficulties
- The best way to tame your mind, and put some order in the chaos
- The scientific benefits of meditation for the body, mind, heart
- How to truly build an enjoyable and rewarding daily practice
- 39 different meditation techniques from the traditions of Yoga, Buddhism, Vedanta, Taoism and Sufism
- How to overcome relaxation anxiety
- How to use meditation to deal with the challenges of daily life—such as reactivity, negative emotions, and solving difficult problems
- Meditations for your career, athletic performance, art, public speaking
- How to take your practice to the next level
- Breathing techniques that immediately calm and energize you
- What is samadhi, and how to explore spiritual meditation
- Practical tools to become calm, centered and focused
The book is available for purchase through Amazon or any major bookstore. I do recommend the print version, because every page of the book is fully illustrated.
Also available in:
Practical Meditation Testimonials
— Rick Hanson, Phd (New York Times bestselling author)
— Swami Muktibodhananda (Yoga acharya, Spiritual Teacher, author of Hatha Yoga Pradipika)
How do you feel about this book?
How has this book helped you?
What is special about this book?
Who would you recommend this book for, and why?
Are you a Practical Meditation reader?
Check out the companion courses for the book, with guided meditations, private forums, and focused online courses.