My new book is coming out soon — Practical Meditation (published by the Penguin Random House).
It took me many years, hundreds of books, hours of reflection and countless practice sessions to finally collect all the pieces of the meditation puzzle—but now here it is! This is the book I wish existed when I started my journey, as it would have saved me so much time and energy.
Here is how this book is structured:
- Chapter 1 —> Learn what is meditation, the scientific benefits, and the real why behind the practice (what it can do for your life).
- Chapter 2 —> You’ll have a first taste of the practice, learn some quick mini-meditations, and gain some clarity about what to expect from meditation, and how to avoid common pitfalls on the way.
- Chapter 3 —> Is all about starting your practice in a way that is sustainable and rewarding. You’ll learn the ins and outs of building a meditation habit and overcoming the common obstacles to developing a solid practice.
- Chapter 4 —> You will learn 39 different meditation techniques from the traditions of Yoga, Buddhism, Vedanta, Taoism and Sufism. Try the ones that interest you, and then choose the one that better suits your needs and temperament.
- Chapter 5 —> Is about how to integrate meditation to deal with the challenges of daily life, such as reactivity, negative emotions, and solving difficult problems. There are also specific meditations for improving in your career, athletic performance, art, and public speaking. You’ll also learn how to deepen your experience and take your practice to the next level.
Each chapter is fully illustrated, easy to digest, clear and practical. No fluff, no difficult concepts, no new age woo-woo.
You can open this book in any page, and be sure you will learn something useful about meditation. Or you can gain a broad understanding of all that is involved, by reading it in order from cover to cover. Thing of it as meditation in a box.
The vast majority of meditations in this book is secular by nature, even though rooted in the ancient contemplative traditions.
Here are the publication dates:
- US — August 7th
- UK — August 2nd
- Australia — July 30th
- Amazon — August 2nd (available now for pre-order!)
To get notified when the book comes out, get access to all my free PDFs, and also to be in the loop with new blog posts, enter your email below.